Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why didn't he get me off?

In my continuing efforts to support the law enforcement community, I would like to respond to the following request for assistance from a law enforcement officer. An anonymous LEO posting on the site "CopsWritingCops.com" relates the following:



His question, what mentality could lead to an NC state trooper giving a ticket to someone doing 70 in a 55 zone, is an important one. Is it just dickery that drives policemen to hand out traffic tickets? Or do they feel that by doing so they are preventing, or at least mimizing, lawlessness and recklessness on the highways? Or is it that they are essentially tax collectors, who roam the roads deriving revenue from motorists in exchange for the privilege of exceeding speed limits or ignoring traffic signals and signs?

There are numerous explanations for the way traffic enforcement is carried out in this country, but one thing is clear. This officer does not wish to be treated the way that he treats you and me.

Hat tip, Jennifer, of Grylliade.org and the Hartford Advocate,

2 comments:

SerenitySprings said...

If I were as cool as you I would be able to put this all internet-y and subtle. But I'm not. I'm my own brand o' cool. So here you go:

http://worshippingchristian.org/biblestorymurals/images/Zacchaeus.jpg

SerenitySprings said...

Godamn it. Here's the whole link:

http://worshippingchristian.org/
biblestorymurals/images/Zacchaeus.jpg